Saturday, March 29, 2008

Morning.

The silent chair, the empty room,
The morning solemn as a tomb.
No tousled hair, or cheeky grin,
To greet us when we wander in.

Instead we cling to slumber, deep,
Without him here to steal our sleep.
We Sleepy Ones lay still at rest,
Our Early Bird has flown the nest.

For years his voice began the day –
Such little feet to lead the way.
But now he’s travelled on instead –
Such little hands to join the dead.

So now we force ourselves to wake
And greet each day, for Heaven’s sake,
Until we see, with unveiled eyes,
The dead in Christ, the first to rise.


(1 Thessalonians 4:16)

5 comments:

Miss Kris said...

Beautiful.
No other words I can think to say other than...
"Happy Birthday Sam".

Trish said...

Wow, that's beautiful.

Amy, this is a weird place to post this, but I'm tagging you for 7 random facts. If you want to join in, the rules are at www.sowers4pastors.blogspot.com

Tim & Richelle said...

Amy,

So beautiful....

Just wanted to let you know that I've wept with you as I've watched you walk this journey. Thank you for your transparency. I can't begin to imagine - but I so respect and admire you.

You will continue to be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous family. Sorry I haven't been in better touch. I have transferred unis and consequently lost my email address book. I will hunt down someone who has yours.
Once again, a very beautiful blogspot.It must have been a weird day. xx
Kylie and girls.
xxx
P.S. Our fervent prayers for Oliver are on their way.

BETHANY said...

I just saw you link this on the WHM page. I love it! I'll never forget the day Sam died. :(

Bethany/bethanyandtim